About Dr Maran M
At Springfield Wellness Centre, Dr Maran M diligently recognizes the value of every individual. We are constantly guided by our qualified criterion of providing an overall wellness to the patients and peace of mind to the next of kin over and above the traditional cure.
Dr M Maran stands by his mission of providing an overall wellness to the patients over and above the traditional cure. He truly believes in the philosophy of not seeing just the disease and treating them but helping out patients to go beyond and seek wellness.
Dr M Maran chose Gastroenterology as his choice and the Bariatric procedures under this medical faculty as a passion. He was the first to start any advanced procedure in laparoscopy and bariatric surgeries in Chennai.
The higher studies Dr Maran M undertook to reach here are
(a) Fellowship in Advanced Laparoscopy trained in Zurich University, Switzerland.
(b) Fellowship in Bariatric surgery trained in Minnesota University, United States.
(c) Fellowship in Gastrointestinal endo surgeries in India.
Dr Maran M has many firsts to his credit.
(1) First in the Asia-Pacific to perform Bariatric procedure on a patient with a very high BMI
(2) First in the Asia-Pacific to perform a Single Incision Laparoscopic Surgery for Partial Gastrectomy (removal of stomach) along with a Hysterectomy (removal of uterus) and right Adrenalectomy (removal of adrenal glands in case a tumor in the adrenal glands) through a transperitoneal (passing through the peritoneal region) approach.
(3) First in India to perform single port right adrenalectomy.
(4) First in India to perform single port bariatric with hysterectomy and hernia repair on a single patient
Dr M Maran also has the following achievements which adds feather to his cap.
(1) Presented papers in International Laparoscopic conference.
(2) Has been a chair person for IFSO in Bariatric Workshop.
(3) Has trained more than 50 young surgeons in advanced laparoscopy and bariatric surgeries.
(4) Has conducted a first exclusive international conference on bariatric surgery in India called WOW (War Over Weight), during his stint with MIOT Hospitals.
(5) Has regularly conducted CME (Continuous Medical Education) program where he has truly demonstrated his other passion of teaching young medical professionals.
In all these years of experience, Dr M Maran has firmed up his belief that all patients require a personal, careful attention and listening to. His philosophy of providing with an overall feeling of wellness to the patients stands out markedly and that clearly shapes his pursuit and endeavor.